Engineer-Geotechnical - Extended
- Organization Type
Job Title: Engineer-Geotechnical
Closing Date/Time: MONDAY 11/01/21 11:59 PM PST
Salary: $49.41 - $60.06 Hourly
Job Type: Regular
Location: Portland, OR
Bureau: Bureau of Environmental Services
The Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team at the Materials Testing Laboratory located at 1405 N River Street in Portland, Oregon.
A Geotechnical Engineer in this position is considered a subject matter expert within the Bureau. This position interacts with project designers, project managers, and construction inspection and testing staff. This position serves on projects of varying complexity, for BES projects and other Bureaus’ projects at the City. Projects include storm and sanity pipeline rehabilitations, sanitary pump stations and infrastructure at the wastewater treatment plants, building foundations, bridges, retaining walls, and landslide mitigations. The Geotechnical Engineer in this position serves various roles on design, maintenance, improvement, and construction projects such as performing the geotechnical investigations, providing general consultation, performing peer review, and review of plans and specifications for geotechnical-related components. The Geotechnical Engineer also provides valuable input during development or improvement of City engineering standards.
In particular, a Geotechnical Engineer:
- 1. Performs the geotechnical design of public works structures and the review of private development including, but not limited to earthwork, grading, foundations, retaining walls, shoring, slope stabilization, ground improvement and erosion control.
- 2. Performs site inspections of development sites. Evaluates site conditions and potential geologic hazards. Determines whether geotechnical engineering, engineering geology and/or seismic site hazard studies are required for proposed development.
- 3. Performs analyses of construction plans having complex and unusual geotechnical features.
- 4. Develops technical standards for the geotechnical engineering features of construction.
- 5. Determines whether geotechnical engineering features of construction plans comply with applicable codes and regulations, and professional standards of practice.
- 6. Plans geotechnical exploration and testing programs, interprets results and incorporates them into design and plans.
- 7. Designs and manages construction of landslide mitigation measures; monitors measuring instruments; analyzes data; designs and oversees installation of shoring.
For more information or to apply for the job, please visit our website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor/jobs/3273360/engineer-geotechnical?sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Apply for Engineer-Geotechnical - Extended
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly