Senior Pipeline / Pump Systems Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a career opportunity for a Senior Pipeline / Pump System Engineer to join our Design Center in Phoenix, AZ that supports both municipal and industrial projects in Arizona and across the Southwest US. This position interacts with all members of the project team, including the client and construction contractors.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s technical contributions? If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you, and we encourage you to apply. Wood is committed to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality. Project management experience is preferred.
- Provide engineering services in support of planning, studies, analysis, and design of water distribution systems, as well as wastewater collection systems, which includes pump / lift stations, wells, chemical feed systems, and storage reservoirs
- Primary focus for project work will be the development of engineering studies, design reports, construction documents, and construction oversight / administration related to water / wastewater infrastructure in the municipal and industrial markets.
- Produce drawings, calculations, and other engineering documentation following good engineering practices, relevant codes, and standards
- Create detailed designs of water and wastewater piping systems
- Setup and perform hydraulic modeling for water and sewer systems
- Prepare pump and piping system calculations
- Perform pipe stress analysis
- Develop / supervise preparation of technical pipe, pump, and equipment specifications
- Check design computations and quantity estimates
- Coordinate and interface with vendors
- Prepare technical evaluations of supplier’s proposals
- Work with CAD designers to prepare plans / drawings for water and wastewater infrastructure systems using industry-standard design platforms, such as AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit, etc. Ability to use CAD software is considered a plus
- Develop scope, costs, budgets and schedules for studies, design and construction services related to water and wastewater projects, including pipeline and pump stations.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects
- Give effective presentations to clients
- Work and communicate with project management team
- Assure that all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and of high quality
- Organize, plan, and coordinate own work; and resources assigned on specific projects
- Work with and mentor junior staff
- Occasional field work and travel to project sites
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering degree. MS is a plus
- PE or PE eligibility required
- 10 years + relevant experience
- Demonstrated engineering experience in small to large-sized, multi-disciplined water / wastewater projects, including responsibility for client interactions and successful engineering project delivery with respect to scope, schedule, quality, and budget
- Project management responsibility experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; and ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary
- Ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations, and prepare written reports
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, hardworking, and intent on doing great work
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites for occasional field work
- Must pass drug test, background check, and physical exam
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.