Staff Designer - Structural Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, talented, passionate team where initiative is rewarded? Watry Design, Inc., an Architectural, Structural Engineering and Planning firm not only fits that bill, but offers far more.
We are currently seeking Staff and Senior Designers with 0-5 years of experience to work in our San Jose and Irvine offices. This position works on diverse projects for the private sector, municipalities, transit agencies, universities, medical facilities and more.
If your interest is piqued, send your resume, cover letter, and include a link to your portfolio or work samples.
Staff and Senior Designer Responsibilities
- Develop drawings and produce sketches to incorporate in the documents
- Assist with construction document preparation
- Occasionally coordinate and delegate project tasks to others
- Create architectural and structural plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules
- Coordinate details and dimensions between drawing sheets
- Basic knowledge and understanding of building codes
- Assure that drawings comply with company production and design standards
- Site and field work including field measured documentation, existing facility inventory and site investigation
- Works under the direction of a Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Job Captain
Staff and Senior Designer Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent experience
- 0-5 years of experience
Staff and Senior Designer Skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Time management
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
- Revit experience required
- EIT a plus
Are you up for it?
Watry Design is an EEO employer, providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, medical condition, disability, or genetics.
COVID-19 considerations: Our team is 100% remote temporarily. Position will be in-person at Irvine office when we reopen.