Structural Engineering Project Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, talented, passionate team where initiative is rewarded? Watry Design, Inc. is an Architectural, Structural Engineering and Planning firm that not only fits that bill, but offers far more.
We are currently seeking Structural Engineering Project Managers with 7-10 years of experience to work in our Irvine Office. The Structural Engineering Project Manager works on diverse projects for the private sector, municipalities, transit agencies, universities, medical facilities and more.
If your interest is piqued, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention ASCE PM-SE in your subject line.
Structural Engineering Project Manager Responsibilities
- Develop designs for projects and see them to completion
- Lead client meetings
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong relationships with present and potential clients
- Maintain and grow professional network
- Manage financial results on projects to the highest possible level
- Lead project status reporting
- Prepare proposals, including schedule, budget and scope
- Work with principal on contract negotiation with client
- Lead project technical coordination
- Lead project construction administration
- Assist and coordinate with Directors for project quality assurance/control
- Participate in staff allocation to projects
Structural Engineering Project Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Architectural, Civil, or Structural Engineering
- Engineering License or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of experience required
Structural Engineering Project Manager Skills
- Excellent leadership, management and supervision skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to negotiate people conflicts and solve people problems
- Excellent financial and accounting skills both firm wide and project focused
- Facilitation, team building and consensus building skills
- Excellent time management and ability to deal well with highly stressful situations
- Proficiency using Engineering software, including ETABS, RISA, and SAFE
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD, Revit
Are you up for it?
WDI is an EEO employer, providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, medical condition, disability, or genetics.