Mid-level Environmental Engineer
Wood Resilient Environments group is currently seeking a Mid-level Environmental Engineer to join our team in Sacramento, California. The position includes both office work and field work.
- Perform field oversight of remediation or construction subcontractors, field observations and data collection, and field sampling involving groundwater monitoring well installations, collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediments samples as well as documenting field activities
- Conduct scheduling and coordination of routine Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) activities at client facilities. This will include development of multi-media environmental compliance plans, inspection forms, compliance documentation and summary reports.
- Perform standard or routine calculations, input data into and/or run standard or, in some cases advanced computer programs under supervision
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, or calculations to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects; Uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments; Receives direction on unconventional and/or complex problems, and possible solutions
- Compile, organize, and evaluate field and laboratory data for incorporation into technical reports; Recognize and identify discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follow-up with senior personnel to resolve these situations
- Perform research, moderate design tasks, and prepare portions of project documents; Responsible for preparing complete drafts of simple, non-complex technical reports; may also prepare drafts of portions of more complex technical reports, manuals, and field reports
- Under supervision of the project manager or senior staff, may represent Wood and interact in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments; Assists with client communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings
- May participate in proposal preparation and project planning including developing work scope, task-level budgets, and cost estimates; may perform calculations, gather or review information, or prepare standard sections of proposals
- May travel to project sites primarily in California and Nevada - Approximately 10% overnight travel
- Will develop a working understanding of and will apply company, client, and site Health and Safety standards
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering is required, MS preferred
- EIT required, PE preferred and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification
- 5 to 10 years environmental experience, experience in fieldwork desirable
- Must be self-starter, team oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work outside normal business hours, as required; field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions or with hazardous materials and in hazardous conditions
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.