Padre Dam Municipal Water District is seeking candidates for an Engineering Manager of Development Services. This position will provide leadership and be responsible for the development services, inspection, and utility locator work groups. The individual shall be detail oriented and self-motivated to oversee project activities with engineers, developers, contractors, and other governmental agencies while enforcing conditions for private development facilities located within Padre Dam’s service area.
Incumbent is responsible for giving general guidance and supervision to staff and for planning and supervising engineering projects and activities across multi-functional groups. Duties include: planning, assigning and supervising work; training staff; working with attorneys, other organizations, management and other departments on an ongoing daily basis and resolving project difficulties and irregularities; oversees, and coordinates with engineers, developers, contractors and other governmental agencies; and, preparing and monitoring the division's budget. This position will supervise supervise the Development Services (DS) Division of the Engineering Department.
- Manages staff to include: Setting goals/objectives for the workgroup, assigning and monitoring work, Develop, mentor, lead and motivate staff, training or ensuring staff are trained, setting and communicating performance standards/expectations, conducting performance evaluations, coaching employees performance and making hiring and termination recommendations. Manage and participate in developing and implementing plans, work processes, procedures, and work standards to attain annual goals and objectives.
- Oversees and coordinates project activities with engineers, developers, contractors and other governmental agencies and establishes conditions for developing capital facilities or private developments in Padre Dam.
- Prepares and reviews special agreements and prepares written and verbal reports for the Board and for management.
- Works with attorneys, other organizations, management and other departments on an ongoing daily basis and in resolving project difficulties and irregularities.
- Ensures compliance with District policies, Padre Dam rules and regulations, standards and practices, and U.S. laws and regulations.
- Works with attorneys, governmental agencies, property owners and Local Agency Formation Commission to coordinate and process property annexations/de-annexations.
- Prepares and monitors the budgets for the department functions under their supervision.
- Provide day to day leadership and work with staff to ensure a high performing, service-oriented work environment that encourages employee involvement, continuous improvement, and innovation.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Resolve and troubleshoot problems as they arise
Training and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and seven years experience in the engineering field including two years of supervisory experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Valid California Driver's License;
- Registration as a Civil Engineer in the State of California
This position will remain open until filled with a first review of applications in Mid December.