Lecturer (all ranks) in Construction Management
Arizona State University: Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering:
School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment:
Del E. Webb School of Construction
Lecturer (all ranks) in Construction Management
Location: Arizona State University – Tempe Campus
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University (ASU) and the Del E. Webb School of Construction (DEWSC) of the School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment (SSEBE) seeks applicants for a lecturer position (all ranks) beginning in the Fall 2022 semester. The appointment will be made at the rank of Principal Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, or Lecturer, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. SSEBE offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Construction Management and Technology, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Sustainable Engineering. The candidate is expected to contribute substantially to fulfilling teaching responsibilities in the construction degree programs.
Job responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses in construction, including courses in project management, planning/preconstruction, estimating, scheduling, electrical and/or mechanical construction, and construction methods and materials. Other responsibilities include working with student organizations and competition teams, supervising undergraduate projects, participating in course and program assessment, and engaging with local industry and professional associations to advance student success. The individual will be expected to contribute to developing and delivering online courses, in addition to traditional in-person courses. This position is non-tenure track. It is anticipated that the contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineering or a closely related area
- Minimum of two years construction industry experience
- Teaching experience in an undergraduate construction management or engineering program
- Teaching experience in professional training, seminars, peer-groups, and other coursework
- Five years of construction industry experience
- Experience in working with students, student clubs and student competitions
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching that incorporates active learning
- Professional industry certification such as LEED, CPC or similar
- Experience in electrical and/or mechanical construction
- Expertise and ability to teach across a broad range of construction courses
Review of Applications will begin on January 15, 2022; if not filled, review of applicants will continue on the 1st and 15th of each month thereafter until the search is closed. To apply, candidates are asked to submit the following through their Interfolio Dossier at https://hiring.engineering.asu.edu/:
- Cover letter
- Current Resume or CV
- A statement describing teaching interests/philosophies and industry experience (2 page maximum)
- A statement describing commitment and approaches to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion * (2 page maximum), and
- Contact information for at least three references – name, position, affiliation, email, phone.
For more information or questions about this position, please contact the search committee chair, Professor James Ernzen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The ASU Charter states, “ASU is a comprehensive public research university, measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.” The diversity statement provides applicants an opportunity to describe their past, current, and planned activities in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and how future activities will align with upholding the ASU Charter.
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. See ASU’s full non-discrimination statement (ACD 401) at https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and the Title IX statement at https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements - Under the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, ASU expects all employees, including new hires, to be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required by January 4, 2022. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s webpage.