Project Manager/Lead Roadway Engineer
We are seeking a Project Manager/Lead Roadway Engineer with 6-10 years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation team in our Austin, TX office.
At WGI, you will find talented, passionate associates providing exceptional service in collaborative, team-driven environments, all while having fun and enjoying the work they do. WGI prides its reputation as one of the nation's top consulting firms -- and our awards support our beliefs. We strive to stay ahead of the curve investing in the latest tools and technology. We are always looking for remarkable individuals to join our team and help expand our visionary approach. If you think you are an innovative team-player and want to shape your community, join our WGI team today!
In this position, you will manage transportation design projects for clients such as TxDOT, cities, counties, and toll entities. A strong background in Texas roadway design engineering is required as well as understanding and having an ability to coordinate with multiple disciplines (including roadway drainage, structures, survey and others). The candidate will work in a fast-paced engineering environment where projects may be derived from many delivery methods including conventional publicly bid projects and design build.
- Oversee a staff of 2 to 6 design engineers and coordinate with various disciplines both internal and external to WGI
- Manage/develop engineering designs including geometric alignments, profiles, cross sections, construction, and maintenance of traffic details
- Create engineering documents including PS&E packages, Schematics, and variation/exception reports
- Coordinate with WGI's clients and team members, prepare meeting notes, prepare invoices, and progress reports
- Perform quality control reviews and prepare/oversee construction quantity estimates
- Cross-train in other transportation disciplines including drainage, signing and pavement marking, signalization, and maintenance of traffic
- Develop plans, calculations and specifications amongst multi-discipline engineering teams
- Periodic travel to client locations and other WGI offices throughout the US to lead production of roadway design elements of transportation projects
- Assist in pursuing additional work from existing and new WGI clients by being responsible for meeting with clients, assisting in preparing pursuit materials and coordinating with required discipline leads
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college, Master's Degree is a plus
- Demonstrated 6+ years in progressively responsible experience
- Texas Professional Engineer registration
- Pre-certification in multiple TxDOT roadway categories
- Highway design lead experience preferred:
- Roadway Design Lead or Project Management with TxDOT
- Roadway Design Lead or Project Management with cities, counties, toll entities
- Prior supervisory experience leading an engineering team
- Competency in Microstation/GEOPAK, or AutoCAD, familiarity with OpenRoads a plus
- Ability to assist in developing project pursuits including letter of interest, statement of qualifications, or proposals as well as presentation development and presentation skills (interviews, question and answer sessions
- Ability/desire to lead a team of engineering staff to pursue, win and design transportation related projects
- Ability to work independently and on large multi-discipline teams;
- Microsoft office skills – including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
If you have what it takes to join our growing organization and want to be part of a dedicated team, please submit your resume for review by our Talent Acquisition Team. WGI provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding work environment. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.