POSITION TITLE: Structural Engineer
REPORTING TO: Senior Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Smyrna, TN
THE COMPANY: Elrod Engineering (www.elrodllc.com)
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced Structural Engineer who possess the PE or SE registration. He/she will have experience in a wide variety of structural areas including signs and buildings and with a wide variety of materials from steel to wood, and will work collaboratively with all employees of the company, including the Senior Engineering Manager as well as the Director of the Sign Design Group. This individual should also have an interest in becoming involved with the ownership of the firm and in helping to lead the next generation of structural professionals at Elrod.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degreed structural engineer with PE licensure (required), or SE licensure (preferred)
- 8+ years of design and project management experience
- Design experience with buildings and/or signs or appendages on buildings
- Comfort working with clients at all levels
- Experience with RISA and AutoCAD is required, and with REVIT is preferred.
- Work with clients to understand design constraints in any give project
- Work with internal staff to ensure design is solid and efficient
- Interest in working with a firm that has a diverse portfolio of projects
- Capability to design, manage projects, work with clients and do whatever it takes to ensure client satisfaction
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Solid design skills with signs and buildings
- Experience working with a wide variety of materials ranging from wood to steel to concrete
- Comfort in working with both internal and external clients to determine needs and ensure projects are delivered on time and in budget.
- Drive to help a firm grow both as a contributor and as an owner in the future
- Able to work both independently on projects, and as part of a larger team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
Depending upon the skills and experiences of the individual we pursue, we are anticipating a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary and solid benefit package.
Elrod Engineering LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and safe workplace. The company does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. All qualified applicants will be considered for a position.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. The company participates in e-Verify.
Covid-19 operating protocol: It is important that we maintain a safe work environment. In an effort to reduce the spread of Covid-19, the company has set the following policies for its employees. All employees must wear masks at all times when in common spaces and during meetings. Employees who are fully vaccinated may remove their masks when seated at their personal workstations. Unvaccinated employees must continue to wear their masks at all times when they are inside the office; they may remove their mask during meal breaks, which must be taken in a room with a closed door, and will be required to submit bi-weekly PCR test results.
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly