Construction Materials Engineering Department Manager
Job Description: The Department Manager will organize the operations of the Construction Materials Engineering department including the Laboratory, Field Technicians and Project Managers. The Department Manager will review field and laboratory test and data to troubleshoot construction problems and provide technical guidance and recommendations to field personnel. They will market clients and answer their questions as well as construct proposals for projects. The Department Manager should have taken courses in soil, concrete, steel, and asphalt. Candidate must have good communication and writing skills for client relations.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Texas or is able to obtain their Texas license within 90 days of employment.
- Must have a Bachelor's or Masters in Civil Engineering
- Must be able to work 55 hours
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Managerial experience is a plus
- Experience with A2LA is a plus
*We also provide assistance with H1-B visas for candidates that qualify for this position. Employer will assist with relocation costs in some cases.
Geotech Engineering and Testing handles both large and small scale civil, transportation, public works, commercial, industrial and residential engineering projects. Our areas of specialization include; Transportation, Land Development, Water and Wastewater, Petrochemical Complexes, Port and Harbor Facilities, Industrial Facilities, Aviation Facilities, Retail Stores, Public Infrastructure and Commercial Development.