We have an immediate opening for a Structural Engineer in our Buffalo office. Watts works closely with architects and owners on a variety of challenging engineering projects with a focus on efficient designs meeting the needs of the project. This mid-level position would perform a variety of structural engineering duties in the design.
- Work within a small internal team to support the structural design, from project onset through construction
- Aid the creation of contract documents for all aspects of structural design
- Perform structural engineering of various materials, including Concrete, Steel, Masonry, Wood, etc.
- Design slab and floor systems and columns
- Utilize structural analysis software, including STAAD Pro, RISA 3D, etc.
- Create and edit computer aided design drawings in BIM, Revit, AutoCAD, etc.
- Write Engineering Reports and studies, including technical specifications
- Review applicable building codes and design standards
- Coordinate work with other disciplines (architects, mechanical engineers etc.)
- Aid the senior engineers for construction oversight
- Perform site visits throughout New York State
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer in New York State, preferred
- Successful completion of NYS Fundamentals of Engineering testing, required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university, with a focus on Structural Engineering, preferred
- Technical proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, BIM, and Revit
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to work within a larger internal/external project team
- Detail and task oriented, in order to meet deadlines set by others