VACANCY ID# EN033002-211201
POSTING DATE 12/01/2021
CLOSING DATE 1/05/2022
JOB TITLE Engineer
SALARY GRADE *
The City of Decatur compensation plan is based on an 18-step progression system. The following reflects the entry level and maximum salary potential in the assigned grade/range.
**A starting salary above the minimum point of the assigned range may be considered commensurate with education, training and experience in alignment with the City’s pay administration policies**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is responsible for supporting the city’s engineering functions and for providing professional engineering support for a variety of city projects.
- Assists in preparing professional contract services for large engineering projects, evaluates and selects engineering firms; monitors and reviews the work of contractors to ensure compliance with specifications; coordinates design and construction activities; assists with managing compliance with Alabama Department of Environmental Management’s (ADEM) storm water regulations; coordinates projects with Alabama Department of Transportation, the Federal Highway Administration, and Army Corps of Engineers regulations; prepares and plans for Public Works projects, including street, storm drain, sidewalk, bike path and sanitary sewer projects; inspects field work in progress and upon completion.
- *Job description available upon request or at our website – www.decaturalabamausa.com
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or other related engineering discipline.
- Prior experience as a Civil Engineer preferred
- State of Alabama certification as a Professional Engineer or willingness to obtain highly desired.
- Valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY**
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status.
Employment Applications are available on the City’s website at www.cityofdecatural.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date.
May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890