Civil Engineer Land Development
Civil Engineering at Cushing Terrell:
Cushing Terrell is seeking a Land Development Civil Engineering Manager for our Austin office; with land development experience in multiple jurisdictions throughout your region. Civil Engineering at Cushing Terrell represents a crucial piece of the complex building-design puzzle typically taking the lead in the entitlement and approval process. As a member of this team, you will be collaborating with a group of architects, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, designers, and drafters while growing our civil engineering presence in your local market and nationwide.
A Civil Engineering Manager at Cushing Terrell:
Responsibilities include personnel management, business development including proposal and contract writing, site and civil engineering design, Auto CAD drafting and construction inspections on a variety of projects. A thorough knowledge and design experience in land development will be required. Water/wastewater and other infrastructure experience a plus. Individually you should have Auto CAD and Civil 3D drafting experience, excellent communication skills, a team attitude, and a self-starting work ethic with minimal supervision required.
- Can point to past success in developing strong client relationships, including design build contractor relationships
- Displays excellent leadership abilities, organizational standards, and time management skills
- Loves teaching fellow engineers through one-on-one mentorship
- Has in depth knowledge of land development
- Is comfortable with Auto CAD and Civil 3D drafting
- Can perform construction inspections on a multitude of project typology
- Is a firm believer in the benefit of coordinating with other trades including architectural, and other engineering disciplines
- Can develop project estimates and design within budgetary constraints
- Experience in entitlements and jurisdictional process locally and in the broader region
- Develops project specifications and engineering reports
- Prepares project proposals and engineering fee estimates
- Takes on construction administration duties, including submittal review, field inspections, RFIs, and change requests, when needed
You'll love this role if you:
- Have 10+ years’ experience in Civil Engineering and Land development
- Have a current PE
- Experience in business development
- Already have deep connections or a client base in your local market
- The desire to build and grow a team
- Prioritize work sharing, knowledge transfer, and standards development
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
Our client-first character starts from within. This position offers excellent pay and a benefits package including production bonuses, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) savings plan, holiday and paid time off, flexible schedules, and an evolving wellness program.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Cushing Terrell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please call 406.248.7455. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you are having difficulty applying through an external website, please visit www.cushingterrell.com/joinus/.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/m6axKqhgYeEWCDWVFrjWx