This is a full-time position as a project engineer on a wide variety of civil projects. Typical responsibilities include performing civil site design including grading and drainage design, Erosion Control Plans, and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans for utility-scale solar installations on sites throughout the United States; wet utility and infrastructure design for local municipalities; pedestrian trail and bridge design; road and intersection design; conducting field observations and design of On-site Wastewater Treatment Systems for residential and commercial projects in Colorado; and assisting with structural engineering design on your civil projects. We are in the beginning stages of developing a UAS program. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in its development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Calculations and plans for civil engineering projects ranging from erosion control, grading and drainage to floodplain analysis to utility design (water and sewer).
- Create project quantities and cost estimates.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies, clients, and other professionals.
- Maintain project documentation and correspondence.
- Conduct periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and progress of work.
- Write, review, and edit construction specifications and engineering reports.
- Perform plan reviews for code / regulatory compliance and to assure project specifications are met.
- Prioritize projects and daily workload to ensure that all work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Exercise professional discretion and judgement in all facets or your work.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, 5-10 years engineering work experience, proficiency with AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D), and a love of rural and / or small town living that includes excellent quality of life. Applicants with both Civil and Structural experience is ideal, but not necessary.
If this position interests you and you may not have the experience as a lead engineer, please consider applying anyway because we are currently considering multiple positions with various experience levels.
- Working directly with the principals of the firm on both business development and projects.
- High level of responsibility with clients that come with small office environment.
- Opportunity for advancement and potentially partial ownership in company.
- Support for professional development and PE licensure in multiple U.S. states.
- Access to online classes offered by Solar Energy International https://www.solarenergy.org/online/.
- Flextime based on 48 weeks per year (the equivalent of 4 weeks paid time off), allowing for maximum flexibility in your schedule.
- Annual cost-of-living and performance-based salary increases, salary increase upon PE licensure, and annual performance bonuses.
- Health insurance.
Compensation based on experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
We are all vaccinated, but it is not mandatory.