Civil Engineering Intern
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,200 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
The SmithGroup Summer Internship Program is dedicated to the advancement of young professionals in the fields of Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, and Interior Design. As an intern at SmithGroup, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with a wide-range of professionals.
Selected students will spend approximately 12 weeks working as an intern in our Ann Arbor, MI office. Students will be exposed to both the creative and business environments. Assignments will vary and include project research, site visits, computer production, design reviews, and assisting in marketing efforts. It is expected that candidates have basic hand drawing and computer software skills. Preferably, applicants have experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Trimble SketchUp, Rhino, Vray, Lumion and Microsoft Office programs.
Interns will return to their studies enriched by exposure to peers and professionals, and to the extraordinary opportunities in the profession of their choice.
Working with us, you will:
- Perform basic engineering assignments for projects, under direct supervision.
- Participate in design meetings.
- Work with senior civil engineers to compile data and prepare design solutions.
- Work in collaborative integrated teams of professionals that include civil engineers, architects, landscape architects, planners and environmental scientists.
- Assist in editing technical specifications.
- Have the opportunity to visit a construction site(s) and/or completed project site(s)
An ideal candidate has:
- Sophomore or junior standing in an accredited civil engineering undergraduate or graduate program.
- Some previous internship or co-op experience.
- Some experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Technical knowledge of civil engineer site development elements.
The 2022 Summer Internship Program for the Ann Arbor office will begin May 2022. Click here to apply: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=5203&company=smithgroupP
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.