Senior Structural Engineer
Wilson Structural Consultants is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team in Sarasota, Florida. The Senior Structural Engineer will lead and work within a team of engineers in analyzing, designing, and delivering structural engineering designs on building projects of all sizes. Our project boards typically include high rise condominiums, multi-family developments, historic renovations custom single-family homes, industrial and commercial projects. We take great pride in the diverse and unique nature of our staff’s project experience.
The Senior Structural Engineer's main duties are leading design process and review, creating structural models, budgeting, and resolving construction problems. They will work very closely with stakeholders such as architects, owners, developers and construction managers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Current PE license with the ability to obtain license in Florida
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of experience in structural engineering involving the performance of increasingly complex duties, five years of which shall have been in charge of the structural design of major buildings
- Proficiency in concrete cast-in-place, pre-stressed and post-tension concrete design, as well as structural steel, reinforced masonry and deep foundation design
- Strong project management experience
- Proficient in the use of building codes and design standards
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient in design software, including AutoCAD, ETABS, and Adapt-PT
- Masters Degree in Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineering (SE) License
- Experience with Residential high-rise structures
- Experience supervising and mentoring engineers