Civil/Construction Engineering Student Workers
2 days left
- Organization Type
Summer Student Workers Needed!
This job posting will be used to fill multiple Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering student worker positions for the summer of 2022. Positions will assist and provide support to engineering offices throughout MnDOT by performing pre-engineering work as assigned and directed by the hiring supervisor. Students will gain hands-on professional work experience and work on transportation-focused projects. Approximate employment dates are May 16 - August 16. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and may provide opportunity for advancement.
2022 Summer Job Opportunities and Locations
(Please note this list is subject to change)
Twin Cities/Metro (Minnesota)
- Oakdale: Bridge Ratings, Bridge Assets Management, Bridge Hydraulics
- Roseville: Bridge Maintenance, Metro Maintenance Asset Management, Design, Program Delivery, Traffic Work Zones
- St. Paul: Environmental Stewardship
- Detroit Lakes: Design, Pre-Design, Hydraulics, Environmental, Right-of-Way/Surveys, Materials/Soils, Traffic
- Duluth: Construction, Surveys
- Hutchinson: Contract Administration
- Marshall: Contract Administration
- Morris/Handcock: Construction
- Rochester: Project Development/Design, Project Management, State Aid, Construction
- St. Cloud: Materials
- Willmar: Traffic, Planning, Hydraulics, Contract Administration
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading-edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota.
Applicant must be an undergraduate student currently pursuing a B.S. in civil or construction engineering. Student must be taking two or more classes per semester/quarter. Any lesser credit (class) load shall be treated as a semester/quarter off. Priority will be given to student completing their junior year
Please also submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resume (include anticipated graduation date)
- Transcript (An unofficial copy is acceptable)
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of Interest (one page outlining your reasons for wanting to participate in the program, future academic and career goals, and relevant skills and experience)
(You will be asked to provide a copy of your transcript to verify your GPA prior to being invited to interview.)
Applicants must be a student in a college/university, trade, or technical school. If a student is enrolled at a credit-granting institution he/she must carry at least six semester (nine quarter) credits. If enrolled at a non-credit granting institution or one that only offers one credit per class, a student must be taking two or more classes per semester/quarter. Any lesser credit (class) load shall be treated as a semester/quarter off. Graduate students must be enrolled in at least two courses or making progress on a dissertation. You will be required to complete an Education Verification form prior to appointment.
- Go to www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search Page in the Keywords section enter 48722 and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply. (Posting closes January 28, 2022)
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: ASCE.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/mmb/careers/ will be considered.
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMAITON:
Denise Hals, Civil Engineering Student Worker Program Manager