Structural Engineering Director
Cove.tool is one of the fastest building technology companies that just raised $30 million in venture funding from Coatue and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr's Footprint Coalition). Our web-based software for analyzing, drawing, engineering, and connecting data for building design and construction is transforming the fight to stop climate change. Carbon emissions targets are forcing design and construction to adopt innovative tools and processes to reduce carbon emission. Over the last year we have helped design teams avoid 5x more carbon than Tesla!
We are seeking a visionary structural engineer who can help us reduce embodied carbon from structures on a global scale. Most important qualification is that you are passionate about climate action using systems based thinking.
- Research structural engineering to design methods and use best practices for SE2050.
- Develop and improve product features and interfaces.
- Conduct industry panels to get feedback on designed features from the industry.
- Research and publish academic papers
- Present the product to structural engineers and answer technical questions.
- Attend and present at conferences to drive thought leadership in the industry
- Maintain LinkedIn social media presence to drive thought leadership
- Develop processes and hire team members to eventually grow out a structural department.
- Collaborate in an agile software development environment to implement designed features.
Experience and Technologies:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Master's Degree in Structural Engineering helpful but not required.
- Must be licensed professional engineer in the United States
- Must have managed a team and lead people.
- Adept at problem solving through applied research - be a technologist
- Some coding experience desirable but not required Python or Matlab are examples.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Equity awarded at 6 month mark - own a piece of potential unicorn company
- 401k program available at 3 month mark
- Paid healthcare with low deductibles - additional family members, vision, dental, and pet insurance options available.
- Substantial bonus upon completion of minimum viable product of the structure.tool
- $2000/Conference allowance
- $1500 learning and exam credit for professional development
- Competitive salary based on experience or research
- 15 days paid vacation and sick leave
- Up to 2 weeks of fully remote work can be requested for additional travel/vacation opportunities.
- MARTA Transit pass reimbursement.
- $50 monthly bike riding credit with on site bike storage and showers.
****Must be authorized to work in the United States****
cove.tool is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Equal pay for equal work.
Job Type: Full-time hybrid schedule with M/W/F at home and Tu/Th in the office for meetings/collaboration. You will also need to hire and train your own team so being on site is critical. All CDC COVID standards rigorously followed. 98% vaccination rate in the office.
Required minimum education:
- Bachelor's minimum
- Master's or equivalent experience preferred.