GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER / PROJECT MANAGER
CTL|Thompson Inc. seeks a Project Manager for its Denver, CO office. The successful applicant will work on completing geotechnical engineering design projects primarily involved with foundation investigations for commercial buildings and residential projects. Studies involving slope stability, earth retention, pavement design and geologic hazards are also likely. Work will be primarily geared toward projects; however, client service and business development will also be required.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Related Field, Master of Science preferred
- Current Professional Engineer License
- Experience: minimum of seven years of experience
- Geotechnical design experience with expansive soils, foundations, slope stability and/or earth retention structures is desirable, especially local experience.
- In addition to strong engineering skills, this individual must possess some understanding of construction methods and client relations.
- Increasing experience in managing complex projects
- Increasing maturity and soundness of judgement in decision making and solving project-related problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of staff
- Excellent writing and communication skills are essential
- Strong desire and ability to provide client-focused service are required
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide direct engineering service and project management with full understanding of, and consistent use of, in-house project management tools and the ability to successfully delegate project responsibilities to other staff.
- Develop New Clients/Projects - In working with past clients or as the primary contact with new clients, listen for and seek out new projects that may exist or are being formulated. Have an understanding of business development. Participate in the development of proposals and contract negotiation.
- Be a Primary Contact - For those clients that will best be served by being the primary contact or when this is requested by the client, be the individual that is the lead contact for interaction with firm and the client’s decision maker.
- Participation in administration which involves increasing responsibility in activities that include, but are not limited to, aspects of development and ongoing management of the project management process, financial management (including monitoring project status and accounts receivable)
- Engineering analysis including foundation, slope stability, and earth retention
- Writing and reviewing proposals, reports, and letters
- Providing engineering consultation
- Attending project meetings
- Managing projects
Project Managers are paid an annual salary between $70,000.00 and $100,000.00 plus discretionary bonuses. Our offer will be based upon individuals experience and qualifications. Our full time employees enjoy paid vacation and paid sick time as well as a generous benefits package which includes medical, life and long term disability insurances. Voluntary benefits options include dental, vision, critical illness, accident, supplemental life, short term disability, a flexible spending account and a health savings account. Retirement benefits include a 401K and profit sharing plan.
As leaders in the industry, CTL|Thompson employs only those with technical excellence and professionalism. Individuals exhibiting these qualities are attracted to CTL|Thompson by the potential for professional growth and advancement within our organization, and the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders.
CTL|Thompson, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/veterans/disabled.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
1. Verification of your right to work in the United States, as demonstrated by your completion of the I-9 form upon hire and your submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the I-9 form) verifying your identity and work authorization within three days of starting employment.
2. Satisfactory completion of a drug test from a laboratory certified by Colorado and chosen (and paid for) by CTL|Thompson. The laboratory will collect and test the drug test samples, for which the required notice will be included with any employment offer and for which the required consent forms will be provided by the laboratory.
3. A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with the company automobile insurance policy guidelines.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY:
Please note that CTL Thompson, Inc. will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee in the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CTL Thompson, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CTL Thompson, Inc.