GEOTECHNICAL STAFF ENGINEER
CTL|Thompson Inc. seeks a Staff Engineer for its Fort Collins, CO office. The successful applicant will work on completing geotechnical engineering design projects primarily involved with foundation investigations for commercial buildings and residential projects. Studies involving slope stability, earth retention, pavement design and geologic hazards are also likely. Strong desire and ability to provide client-focused service are required. Geotechnical design experience with expansive soils, foundations, slope stability and/or earth retention structures is desirable, especially local experience. Work will be primarily geared toward projects; however, client service and business development will also be required.
Duties will include:
- Engineering analysis including foundation, slope stability, and earth retention
- Writing proposals, reports, and letters
- Logging borings for geotechnical studies, if needed
- Logging test pits for geotechnical design, if needed
- Performing other specialty field and laboratory testing, if needed
- Providing engineering consultation
- Attending project meetings
The ideal applicant will have a B.S. in engineering or engineering geology (MS preferred). 2 or more years of geotechnical experience would be helpful. In addition to strong engineering skills, this individual must possess an understanding of construction methods and client relations. Good writing and communication skills are essential. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Staff Engineers are paid an annual salary between $40,000.00 and $70,000.00 plus discretionary bonuses. Our offer will be based upon individuals experience and qualifications. Our full time employees enjoy paid vacation and paid sick time as well as a generous benefits package which includes medical, life and long term disability insurances. Voluntary benefits options include dental, vision, critical illness, accident, supplemental life, short term disability, a flexible spending account and a health savings account. Retirement benefits include a 401K and profit sharing plan.
As leaders in the industry, CTL|Thompson employs only those with technical excellence and professionalism. Individuals exhibiting these qualities are attracted to CTL|Thompson by the potential for professional growth and advancement within our organization, and the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders.
CTL|Thompson, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/veterans/disabled.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
- Verification of your right to work in the United States, as demonstrated by your completion of the I-9 form upon hire and your submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the I-9 form) verifying your identity and work authorization within three days of starting employment.
- Satisfactory completion of a drug test from a laboratory certified by Colorado and chosen (and paid for) by CTL|Thompson. The laboratory will collect and test the drug test samples, for which the required notice will be included with any employment offer and for which the required consent forms will be provided by the laboratory.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with the company automobile insurance policy guidelines.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY:
Please note that CTL Thompson, Inc. will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee in the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CTL Thompson, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CTL Thompson, Inc.