City Traffic Engineer
7 days left
- Organization Type
JOB TITLE: City Traffic Engineer
AGENCY: City of Oxnard
LOCATION: Oxnard, CA
FILING DEADLINE: Friday, February 4, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $101,156.02 - $166,540.61 Annually DOE/DOQ
The City Traffic Engineer manages and directs operations of Traffic and Transportation services with diverse funding sources such as a combination of City and State funds and/or related, but distinct, programmatic areas. This class is characterized by having primary responsibility for large, complex budgets, and functioning as a key participant and policy creating member of the department’s senior management team, which formulates departmental administrative and operational policies and procedures. Also, responsible for management of division professional staff and provides professional and technical staff assistance to the City Engineer and Public Works Director.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and leadership skills, be well-versed in modern principles and practices of engineering and possess solid communication skills. As this position interacts with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, exceptional interpersonal skills are of the utmost importance. The successful candidate will have a proven work history of growth, the ability to effectively implement projects, and interact with staff professionally and positively. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals that possess a passion for public service, especially serving an underserved community and who recognize the opportunity to create and establish an effective and efficient administrative infrastructure for long-term success.
Key characteristics and attributes:
- Demonstrate extensive experience with planning, design, and implementation of large and smaller community traffic, transportation, and/or public works projects
- Able to provide expertise in municipal engineering, particularly related to capital improvement projects and operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations and experience working collaboratively with governmental agencies
- Approachable. Seeks open communication, collaboration, and working in a team-oriented environment
- Flexible. Able to meet clear goals and expectations, while remaining agile with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- A ‘roll up their sleeves’ type of person – understands the importance and value of providing high performance and excellent customer service for a community
- A ‘can-do’ mentality who thrives on challenge and working with a high performing team.
THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
The Public Works Department consists of over 511 budgeted FTEs and is responsible for the design, construction, renovation and operation of public projects and facilities ranging from seawalls to parks; facilities; and maintenance of streets, sidewalks, streetlights and street trees. The Department’s executive team is committed to delivering projects and programs that enhance the quality of life, economic growth, and the environment for all residents. The Public Works Department is comprised of several divisions with an operating and capital budget of over $345,500,000 for FY 2021-22. To learn more about the City of Oxnard’s Public Works Department, go to: https://www.oxnard.org/city-department/publicworks/
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at:
To be considered, please submit a resume, cover letter, and five professional references (who will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment) at: https://koffassociates.com/city-traffic-engineer/.
Resumes should reflect years and months of positions held, as well as size of staff and budgets you have managed.
For additional information, please contact:
Phone: (510) 495-0448
The City of Oxnard is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation.