$7,041.00 - $8,452.00 Monthly
Classified - Full Time
Public Works - City of Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview Benefits Supplemental Questions
Engineer III (Stormwater)
In this Engineer III for the Stormwater Enterprise , you will review and approve drainage reports and construction plans for Stormwater Engineering. You will also ensure all submittals are in compliance with City Code, policies, standards, and storwatmer criteria.
Come explore the possibilities a career with the City of Colorado Springs can offer!
Essential Job Functions- the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Review and approve drainage reports, grading and erosion control plans, construction plans; conduct development plan and other planning
- Ensure compliance with City Code, policies, standards, and stormwater criteria
- Prepare detailed comments for applicants and provide technical assistance with corrections
- Respond to questions and inquiries from the public, contractors, and developers
- Participate in drainage basin planning study updates
- Support the production of educational materials relating to drainage policy for internal and external audiences; assist with internal and external training, including work sessions, seminars, and training courses
- Participate in and support meetings with industry members, including the Housing and Building Association as needed
- Collaborate with Colorado Springs Utilities; Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services; City Planning; and other City departments as needed
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Professional civil engineering principles, practices, and methods
- Pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, codes, and regulations
- Erosion control, City drainage criteria and MS4 Permit requirements
- Methods and techniques of engineering plan design, review, and approval
- Construction management principles
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of MS4 and drainage regulations and requirements
- Ensure project compliance with diverse and complex regulations, standards, and procedures
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or related engineering field. The
- bachelor’s degree requirement will be waived if PE (Professional Engineer) License has been obtained via C.R.S. 12-25-114(1)(a).
- Five years of full-time professional engineering experience related to stormwater
- Possess, or obtain upon hire, and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver’s license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
- Possess, or obtain upon hire, PE License in the state of Colorado OR obtain reciprocity for PE License in the state of Colorado within six
- months of hire
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Stormwater design experience
- Experience with drainage criteria application
The City of Colorado Springs offers additional compensation depending on the position, area of assignment, and specific job assignments, including shift differential, pay differential, acting or lead, special assignment, hazard pay, longevity, cell phone allowance, uniform allowance, relocation, awards, stand by, call out, compensatory time off, tuition, overtime, extra duty, incentive, holiday premium, proficiency, and vacation sell back.
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
The City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Colorado Springs is committed to a culture that values our employees’ unique individual qualities and fosters an inclusive environment where people want to be.