Staff Level Design Engineer
Job Title: Staff Level Design Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time preferred, Exempt, Salaried
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Location: Downtown Portland, one block from the Yamhill District MAX Station. Remote work options will be considered if within the United States.
Work Schedule: Flexible work schedule available
Closing Date: Open until filled
GSI Water Solutions, Inc. is seeking a staff-level Design Engineer with 2-8 years of experience to join its team of environmental scientists, geologists, and engineers in Portland, Oregon. In this role, you will be working with our senior-level engineers, with support varying from small to medium-sized projects to large-scale remediation design projects. We are actively seeking out applicants with technical and design-related experience.
In 2000, GSI’s founders left a large, multi-national consulting firm to start something different. We take pride in being a company that promotes a strong work-life balance. We are seeking a full-time candidate, but we will consider part-time candidates as well. GSI facilitates projects in support of our local community, treats its employees with respect and fairness, and strives for all employees to feel they belong, that their insights are valued, and there is opportunity for growth and advancement.
You can read about our projects, including our involvement in the Portland Harbor Superfund Cleanup on our website: http://gsiwatersolutions.com/portfolio/
In this role you will:
• Assist senior-level engineers in remedial design activities, technical evaluations, and design-related reports
• Support Feasibility Study (FS) evaluations and development of FS reports
• Regulatory reporting/monitoring/record keeping
• Perform field data collection activities (for those stationed in Oregon)
• Document field conditions, write field reports, and participate in report production
• Research literature and historical information
• Complete data analysis and calculations with supervision
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job is conducted largely in a professional office environment with occasional field efforts. The role requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers, which would be provided upon employment. Field efforts may require lifting to 50 pounds.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• Professional Engineer license preferred
• 40-hr OSHA HAZWOPER certification (Renewal training course and hours in class paid by GSI)
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Required Education and Experience
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• BS degree in civil, geotechnical, or environmental engineering
• 2+ years of experience in consulting (excluding any graduate study/research years)
• Experience with detailed design drawing development and development of design specifications
• Experience preparing work plans and technical reports
Valued Education and Experience
• Experience working within the environmental sector
• Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation (within a consulting setting)
• Experience working with contaminated sediments
• Strong engineering technical knowledge
• Have good time management skills
• Possess excellent communication, organizational, and report-writing skills
• Employee-Owned company through Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Flexible work schedules with the ability to work from home locally or remotely
• Staff working 32 hrs per week or more eligible for full prorated benefits.
• 40-hour per week schedule preferred, but we will consider part-time candidates as well.
• Highly competitive medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance plans
• Access to medical and dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Generous and flexible paid time off
• 401k with employer matching
• Cell phone reimbursement benefit to assist with the cost of using a personal cell phone for business purposes
• Reimbursement for professional registrations, memberships, and renewals
• Paid time off for certification and licensing exams
• Paid attendance at professional conferences in support of career development
Please Apply Online