STRUCTURAL STAFF ENGINEER
CTL|Thompson Inc. seeks a Structural Staff Engineer for its Fort Collins, CO office. The applicant must have a B.S. in Civil Engineering, coursework in steel and concrete, have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam, and have an understanding of construction or experience with Revit. In addition, this individual must possess great writing and communication skills, and have strong problem solving skills. Strong desire and ability to provide client-focused service are required.
Duties will include:
- Drawing foundation and structural plans for a variety of concrete and wood structures
- Preparing calculations for steel and concrete structural elements
- Visiting project sites to perform construction observations
- Working with other engineers and owners on project sites
- Preparing daily reports for field observations / changes
- Use of word processing programs, spreadsheets, Revit, and structural design software
Staff Engineers are paid an annual salary between $40,000.00 and $70,000.00 plus discretionary bonuses. Our offer will be based upon individuals experience and qualifications. Our full-time employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes medical, life and long term disability insurances. Voluntary benefits options include dental, vision, supplemental life, short term disability, a flexible spending account and others. Retirement benefits include a 401K and profit sharing plan.
As leaders in the industry, CTL|Thompson employs only those with technical excellence and professionalism. Individuals exhibiting these qualities are attracted to CTL|Thompson by the potential for professional growth and advancement within our organization, and the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders.
CTL|Thompson, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/veterans/disabled.
Interested applicants please upload a cover letter to your application along with your resume (as one attachment). In your cover letter please answer the following questions:
- What made you want to become a structural engineer?
- What experience do you have that will help you become a great engineer?
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
1. Verification of your right to work in the United States, as demonstrated by your completion of the I-9 form upon hire and your submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the I-9 form) verifying your identity and work authorization within three days of starting employment.
2. Satisfactory completion of a drug test from a laboratory certified by Colorado and chosen (and paid for) by CTL|Thompson. The laboratory will collect and test the drug test samples, for which the required notice will be included with any employment offer and for which the required consent forms will be provided by the laboratory.
3. A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in accordance with the company automobile insurance policy guidelines.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY:
Please note that CTL Thompson, Inc. will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee in the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CTL Thompson, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CTL Thompson, Inc.