Entry to Mid-Level Bridge Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s Denver, CO team has an exciting career opportunity for an Entry to Mid - Level Bridge Engineer. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard - working and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
This position provides an opportunity to work closely with seasoned bridge engineers with opportunities to develop and progress within the organization. We offer the opportunity to be part of a growing team working on exciting projects throughout the region and throughout the US.
- Will serve in a technical role working under the direction of a Project Manager in development of bridge construction plans for a wide range of highway design projects
- Will prepare detailed bridge design calculation packages
- Will develop and write reports
- Will utilize a wide variety bridge analysis and design software
- Will work with other team members on large, multi - discipline projects
- May occasionally travel to project sites and other Wood offices
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS (Preferred) in Civil Engineering with significant structural course work
- 0 to 5 years of experience in bridge design
- EIT preferred. PE is a plus
- Demonstrated working knowledge in structural design practices
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members on large, multi - discipline projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Will have completed a bridge design course as part of college curriculum
- Experience with LARSA 4D, LEAP products, PGSuper, and Bentley MicroStation is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel on occasion
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non - exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.