Electrical Engineering Manager
Electrical Engineering Manager #22-0001
Posting Close Date
Feb 6, 2022
$121,029.00 up to $147,924.00
$104,257.00 up to $164,697.00
Location of Position
Administration - Ops Complex-BLDA
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a discipline-specific, engineering group of engineers and support staff in the coordination and design of complex systems, programs, and projects in highly technical and specialized areas. Manage the execution of projects including scheduling, budgets, staffing with in-house or consultant resources, and quality control of work products. Facilitates cross-divisional communication and relationships.
This position has formal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote team unity, coordination, and collaboration. Develop and maintain a long-term plan to mentor and develop staff engineers in the group to be experts in their respective disciplines and are capable of successful project delivery for maintenance and capital projects.
- Plan, organize, and manage the work of engineers and technical support staff.
- Analyze a variety of advanced engineering problems. Coordinate or direct design activities necessary to solve these problems. Provide quality control and assurance of designs.
- Direct the preparation and review of comprehensive technical reports, studies, and manage consultant design contracts providing design direction for construction project phases.
- Provide direction on technical concepts and analysis of advanced engineering problems and solutions. Act as the subject matter expert in the field, providing technical direction for organizational initiatives, programs, and standards.
- Responsible for staying abreast of the newest technology and latest revisions to codes and standards.
- Develop procurement, contract, and specification requirements on either conventional or alternative project delivery methods.
- Ensure compliance with standards, codes, regulations, requirements, and life safety issues.
- Assist in scheduling, budgeting, and coordination of interdepartmental work plans. Responsible for budget estimate preparation and related project controls.
- Perform related work as required.
The following discipline(s) fall under this job description:
* Civil/Infrastructure Engineering.
* Dam Safety Engineering.
* Electrical Engineering.
* Hydraulics Engineering.
* Mechanical Engineering.
* Water Treatment Engineering.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience, including 4 years as a licensed engineer, 2 years supervisory experience which include multidisciplinary projects.
- Any equivalent combination of certifications, education, or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities for the position.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- Professional Engineer licensed in the State of Colorado.
- Project Management Professional Certification is highly preferred.
- Must be able to possess and maintain a valid Class 'R' Colorado driver's license and have a satisfactory driving record.
About Denver Water
Denver Water is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number is received. Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting.
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.5 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets, and natural environment entrusted to us to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, 401K Plan with a 3% match, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off. A background check will be conducted to verify the information submitted on the application. Please be sure that all information on the application is correct and complete, do not say "see resume". If the application is not fully completed, we (Denver Water), will not accept your application.
We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on all Denver Water property.
An offer of employment may be contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test. Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol. A strength test may also be conducted due to the physical requirements of the position.
Denver Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, People of Color, veterans, and people with disabilities.
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412