Program Officer/Senior Program Officer, (Transport and Vertical Structures), MC-301-4B/4A
This position is located in the Division of Infrastructure, Environment, and Private Sector, Transport and Vertical Structures (TVS), within the Department of Compact Operations (DCO) Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-12/13, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4B/4A which is generally equal to GS-12/13.
- Contributes to preparation of plans for Compact with TVS programs and provides implementation oversight and program management support to TVS projects at each stage of the project development cycle from planning, concept design, feasibility studies, detailed engineering design, and construction to commissioning as well as operations and maintenance.
- Assists with overall project scheduling, budgeting, quality assurance, change management, contract administration, and project controls.
- Assists in the design and development of Compacts, including, but not limited to: technical assessment of constraints analyses, concept papers, and proposals.
- Supports the development of implementation plans for Compact programs and projects using appropriate project management tools and tracks implementation progress.
- Reviews and comments on documents submitted in connection with MCC clearance of MCA procurement packages, work plans, and disbursement requests, making recommendations to management as may be appropriate, consistent with policies and procedures and technical best practice.
- Develops, consolidates, and/or prepares briefing and background materials on infrastructure and integrated projects, issues and topics.
- Assists in the formulation of budgets for consultants to be hired by MCC, drafting scopes of work, serving on evaluation panels, issuance of technical directives, review and acceptance of consultant deliverables, tracking billings, in support of the COTR or Project Monitor or in the capacity of the Project Monitor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occur within 120 days
- Some domestic and international travel maybe required
Selective Placement Factor (Screen out): All applicants must be proficient in French, orally and in writing. Please include level of proficiency in your resume. If you do not meet this requirement, your application will not receive further consideration.
To qualify for pay band 4b you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4c (GS-11) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: experience providing administrative support on international development projects or programs in one or more of the following TVS sub-sectors: roads (i.e., multilane highways, primary roads, secondary roads, rural roads, urban roads, road operations and maintenance), airports, ports, railways, multimodal transport, trade facilitation and other transportation infrastructure, as well as vertical structures including (but not limited to) schools, health centers, housing, terminals, and other building facilities. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
To qualify for pay band 4a you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4b (GS-12) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: experience providing administrative and technical support on international development projects or programs in one or more of the following TVS sub-sectors: roads (i.e., multilane highways, primary roads, secondary roads, rural roads, urban roads, road operations and maintenance), airports, ports, railways, multimodal transport, trade facilitation and other transportation infrastructure, as well as vertical structures including (but not limited to) schools, health centers, housing, terminals, and other building facilities. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
- Due to COVID-19, MCC is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may currently be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. MCC is gradually permitting more employees back into its DC office and has recently released new policies about re-entry that takes effect starting January 2, 2022. Under these policies, most employees will report to the Washington DC duty station listed on this announcement. Subject to supervisory discretion, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period under the terms of MCC's telework policy.
- RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION BONUS may be authorized for this position. If you are not a current federal employee this position may authorize a one time Recruitment bonus to be paid over a specified period. Selected individual will be required to a sign service agreement prior to receiving any bonus payments.
- If you are a current federal employee this position may authorize a one time Relocation bonus to be paid over a specified period. Selected individual will be required to a sign service agreement prior to receiving any bonus payments.
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- Selectee may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual, based on prior work experience.
- The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
- Selectee may be required to complete a probationary/trial period.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for the position and to ensure that you have been placed in the appropriate quality category. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Oral Communication
- Project Management
- Technical Competence
You will be evaluated based on Category Rating procedures. Based on the information you provided in your application package, you will be placed in one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and may be called for an interview.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS
The following documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Applicants MUST utilize resumes created using information included in the USAJOBS-formatted Resume Builder (http://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/
- If you are displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP). View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. See https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/career-transition/. To be considered eligible under ICTAP or CTAP, you must be placed in the "well-qualified" category for this position, as described above.
- Veterans Preference documentation (DD-214 - member 4 copy or other copies that indicate character of discharge or equivalent, SF-15 and VA Letter as appropriate) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to: www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
- If you are eligible for Special Appointment eligibility (e.g., 30% compensable veteran, individuals with disabilities, former Peace Corps or other noncompetitive eligibility candidates.) requires submission of supporting documentation. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/employ/students/fedhire.asp#authorities, https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/
- If you are a current or former political appointee (Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or presidential appointee employee), you must submit a copy of a your SF-50, along with a statement that provides the following information regarding your most recent appointment (position title, type of appointment (Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES, or Presidential Appointee, agency, beginning and ending dates of appointment, etc.).