The Forest Service is hiring civil engineers for positions across the country
Make a lasting impact on the world around you and unlock opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. Join the Forest Service, an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and be a part of an organization that is committed to caring for the land and serving people.
As an engineer, you provide expertise to plan, design, and maintain many diverse facilities such as water systems and waste-water facilities for developed Forest Service sites; water impoundments; cable systems for ski lifts and logging; boat docks and launching ramps; camping and picnicking areas; heliports and landing strips; footbridges on hiking trails, and bridges on low-volume roads. Engineers also design, construct, and maintain thousands of miles of roads and trails and encounter nearly every type of geographical, geological, and environmental engineering challenge. Forest Service engineers are professionals working with other professionals in an interdisciplinary team effort on each project. Positions are available in duty locations across the country.
The following positions will be open on landing page January 28th – February 7th 2022.
Open to the Public
- Civil Engineers – GS-0810-11/12
- Civil Engineers – GS-0810-9/11
- Civil Engineers – GS-0810-7/9
Review the job announcement carefully for required information to include in your application. Employment start dates vary.
The Forest Service is hosting webinars to help you through the application process. Join us and get answers to your questions.
Note: You may be prompted to download the free Microsoft Teams application.
- Federal Resume Workshop – Tues., Jan. 25, 5-6 p.m. EST, Microsoft Teams
- “Hiring Eligibilities & Qualifications” – Thurs., Jan. 27, 5-6 p.m. EST, Microsoft Teams
- “Tips for Job Seekers” – Tues., Feb. 1, 5-6 p.m. EST, Microsoft Teams
- “Navigating USAJOBS” – Thurs., Feb. 3, 5-6 p.m. EST, Microsoft Teams
These webinar links will also be available for on-demand viewing after each date listed!
Making a difference and sustaining the Nation’s forests and grasslands has its perks! The USDA Forest Service offers many fantastic benefits for employees.
Forest Service employees enjoy amazing benefits like:
▪ Flexible work schedules
▪ 10 paid holidays
▪ Personal and sick leave programs
▪ Opportunities for career growth and advancement
▪ Incentives and awards
▪ Wellness and fitness programs
▪ Family-friendly leave policies
▪ Retirement benefits and Thrift Savings Plan
▪ Comprehensive medical benefits
▪ Long-term care insurance
▪ Life insurance
▪ Flexible spending accounts
▪ Employee assistance and referral programs
▪ Commuter subsidies