Construction Engineering Inspection Specialist
Taylor Engineering, Inc. seeks to hire a team-oriented and quality-focused Construction Engineering Inspection Specialist to join our Jacksonville, Florida office. This professional will support the organization as necessary to accomplish the mission primarily through field and office-based construction administration tasks. Other work may include support for engineering design and field data collection activities.
- Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology degree, or degree in other applicable engineering disciplines. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-10 years in construction and/or engineering practice related to below-noted project types; duties and responsibilities; and skills and experience.
- Holds or can attain Florida Boating Safety Education I.D. Card.
Typical Projects Involve:
- Earthworks construction
- Pile foundation installation
- Heavy infrastructure projects include concrete and steel structures
- Site development including grading, drainage, and utilities
- Marine structures such as seawalls, bulkheads, marine foundations, docks, piers, ship terminals, marinas, boat ramps, and shoreline protection
- Other water resources, coastal, and waterfront facilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Construction management for heavy civil construction projects
- Field construction observations and reporting
- Assessment and verification that field construction meets requirements of drawings, specifications, and permit
- Assisting with review contractor technical submittals, payment application, change orders, and other construction related documents
- Reviewing/verifying results of geotechnical tests
- Maintaining communications between field construction sites and office engineer of record
- Participating in or leading construction progress meetings
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent small craft boating skills
- Excellent ability to read, understand, and interpret construction documents (drawings, specifications, permits, and contract requirements)
- Suitable soils evaluation, soils compaction criteria, and geotechnical engineering criteria assessment
- Grading and earthworks design and construction verification for large scale projects
- Evaluation of drainage and pipeline system installation
- Construction phase concrete inspection including formwork, rebar, and concrete mix design criteria evaluation
- Construction phase steel inspection including main members, coatings, and connections evaluation
- Pile driving installation and testing criteria evaluation
- Preparation of construction and engineering reports
- Organized and possesses the ability to multi-task
- Motivated, takes initiative, and pays attention to detail
- Possesses exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Possesses excellent and efficient analytical and problem-solving skills
- Both an energetic teammate and a capable team leader
- Lifting up to (35) pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in the field and on construction sites for extended duration
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Possesses acceptable vision (with or without corrective lenses) to be able to see and navigate a computer screen
- Ability to pilot small craft in inland waters
Who are we?
Here at Taylor Engineering, we are a team. We succeed together. On rare occasions, we fail together, but when that happens, we recover from and learn from our mistakes together. We are a group of professionals in a business casual, team member-focused environment. We support career growth and personal development. We work hard, and we play hard—doing both while always upholding our Vision and Values. We are servant leaders, seeking to help our clients and the community at large. We are quirky, sometimes comical, and if you strive to be your best, you belong with us.
You are not a number at Taylor and our benefit plans show we take care of our people. From flextime to playtime and from the boardroom to the classroom, you’ll find a slew of policies and programs designed to benefit you. We offer medical and dental at no cost to the employee, vision, group life, medical leave, short- and long-term disability, accrued paid leave, 401k match, as well as…
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Generous PTO
- Licensure, training, continuing education, and tuition reimbursement
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flextime scheduling and work from home options
- Seven paid holidays and two floating holidays
- Wellness incentives and monthly fitness reimbursement
- Health savings account, flexible spending account, and health reimbursement options
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Relocation reimbursement package (if necessary)
Considering relocating to or within the state of Florida? No need to wait until retirement to enjoy the sunny and warm climate, world-renowned beaches, and attractions. Florida is one of a few states that charges no state income tax, and our cost of living typically trends below the national average, depending on where you decide to call home.
Jacksonville, also known as the River City, is the largest city in the state of Florida and boasts the largest urban park system in the country. Home to spectacular golf courses and host of the annual THE PLAYERS Championship, Jacksonville also offers numerous other sporting events including the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars, minor league baseball, hockey, basketball, and soccer. If college football is your preference, Jacksonville also hosts the SEC Florida/Georgia game and college Bowl Games. About a 20-minute drive to the beach from downtown, you have plenty of options for fishing, watersports, and boating, not only offshore in the Atlantic Ocean but also in the St. Johns River and Intracoastal Waterway. Grab the family and head to the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens or check out the U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Team—The Blue Angels—at the annual air show. There are plenty of housing options in Northeast Florida, from new construction to historic homes. You could choose a location close to historic St. Augustine or at the beach. Wherever you choose, you won’t be far from other Florida destinations including Orlando and Tampa as well as the neighboring state of Georgia (just a 30-minute drive north) and much of the Southeast US. Do you need more reasons why Jacksonville, Florida is right for you? Check out these websites:
Taylor Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.