Engineering and Maintenance Department Manager
We are seeking an Engineering and Maintenance Department Manager to join our organization. The Qualified candidate must be a dynamic & resourceful individual who has direct hands-on experience in managing and leading Engineering and Maintenance Department functions.
- Ensures the operation of utilities (e.g., heating and air conditioning, electrical power, sewer, and water) and related services (e.g., escalator and elevator maintenance).
- Oversees construction, modification, repair, and maintenance activities involving airport structures and infrastructure.
- Through subordinates, monitors work done on contract to assure acceptable quality, quantity, and timeliness. Seeks appropriate balance between work to be done in-house and on contract.
- Approves building permits for all airport tenant construction projects. Through subordinates, assures that work conforms to plans and code requirements.
- Advises the Airport Manager on airport engineering and public works.
- Serves on the management team in contract discussions with bargaining unit(s). Is the deciding (or second level) official on all trade union grievances at the airport.
- Identifies, organizes, trains, and equips Division staff to ensure capabilities to start up, operate, and maintain new facilities, systems, and equipment, Justifies staffing and budget requirements.
- Participates on selection committees for Architecture/Engineer (A/E) firms and for concessionaires for the larger and more important airport concessions.
- Provides input for the airport master plan; reviews technical manuals and engineering studies; and, as deemed necessary, reviews or produces individual engineering plans and specifications, and related documents.
- Writes budget and planning reports, lease contract documents, special letters, and routine memoranda.
- Serves as Airport Manager in his/her absence.
- Nine years of progressively responsible experience in facilities management and engineering.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and ability to manage the operations and programs of the unit/team.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional engineering concepts, principles, and practices of the construction, utility operation, and maintenance trades.
- Knowledge of and ability to oversee construction, modification, repair, and maintenance of structures and infrastructure.
- Skill in budgeting for facilities maintenance and engineering contractor support.
- Skill in workload analysis and quality control of maintenance operations
- Experience in the management of maintenance operations at a major (Category X) airport.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Experience working with an enterprise asset maintenance system.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related field.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES REQUIRED
- A state driver’s license in good standing.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer. A qualified candidate who is selected, but lacks licensure by the Commonwealth of Virginia, must obtain the Virginia licensure within one year of hire, promotion, or placement into the job.
How to apply: To view the job description, please visit our website www.mwaa.com and apply online.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.
Equal Opportunity Employer