Civil Engineering Intern
The engineering intern will spend time working within different departments to gain an understanding of the inner workings of PEA and its service offerings. Time as an intern will be split between office and field tasks including surveying, geotechnical engineering and AutoCAD orientation and potentially design tasks if proven to be proficient.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Survey department activities by performing computations, field work, and setup of equipment.
- Training in AutoCAD and PEA standards.
- Assists technical staff with various tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data and performing calculations for projects.
- Performs construction assistance related tasks including visiting job sites, inspections, reviewing submittals, and coordinating with design team for revisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications
- High School Diploma required.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited engineering degree program, preferably a Civil Engineering.
- Must possess a valid driver's license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of basic civil engineering principles, theories and methods.
- Experience using AutoCAD preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs (Microsoft Office, etc.)