Associate Civil Engineer (Civil/Structural)
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) is a world-class leader in the water and wastewater industry developing resilient facilities in the seismically active San Francisco Bay Area. EBMUD seeks a Professional Engineer (Civil license required, Structural license preferred) with a strong structural design and rehabilitation background and structural modeling skills able to handle a wide variety of challenging capital improvement projects including hydraulic structures, buildings, bridges, pipelines, tunnels, reservoirs, levees, and foundations. EBMUD’s Wastewater Department has an immediate open position for this job classification. Additional positions for this job classification may open over the next two years.
The Associate Civil Engineer (Civil/Structural) in this position will be responsible for leading and/or working with cutting edge design, construction support, and analysis efforts for complex engineering projects involving multiple disciplines, including civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, corrosion, and/or instrumentation and control elements.
Specific responsibilities may include:
• Developing and reviewing detailed designs, specifications, bidding documents, cost estimates, project status reports, and other related documents and correspondence.
• Exercising creativity in synthesizing technically sound and cost-effective solutions to unique problems.
• Using computer programs to perform complex structural calculations and modeling.
• Coordinating the work with other work groups within EBMUD and with other agencies and organizations outside of EBMUD.
• Coordinating and reviewing the work of other engineers, support staff, and consultants on projects.
• Providing project management or technical lead on large and small projects to meet internal client needs and deliver quality results within budget and on schedule.
The salary range is $10,455 per month increasing to $10,978, $11,527, $12,103 and $12,708 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
This position may provide a hybrid onsite and telecommuting option that is currently under consideration and subject to review and approval by senior management.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
1. A bachelor’s degree in an ABET accredited civil or environmental engineering curriculum or a California Engineer-In-Training Certificate.
2. Minimum of two years of engineering experience comparable to or higher than EBMUD’s Assistant Engineer class.
3. California registration as a Professional Civil Engineer. Registration as a Professional Structural Engineer is preferred.
4. Possess a valid California driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
Please note: EBMUD requires all employees to provide written proof of vaccination. Those employees with sincerely held religious beliefs or valid medical reasons as determined by EBMUD will be exempt from vaccination requirements. Contact EBMUD Human Resources for additional questions.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 11, 2022. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
Job Hotline: (510) 287-0742