CHA Consulting, Inc. (CHA) is an innovative, full-service engineering consulting and construction management firm delivering sustainable, integrated solutions to the world’s most challenging infrastructure projects. With decades of experience, we bring inspired talent, forward-leaning technology, and essential partnerships to meet our clients’ evolving needs. We are your trusted advisors and partners committed to responsibly improving the world we live in.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Sports Business Line at our Colonie, NY; Boston, MA; Richmond, VA; Savannah, GA; Raleigh, NC; or Kansas City, MO office location.
CHA brings outstanding technical and design capabilities to address all sports facility needs for colleges, secondary schools, and municipalities. From Division I athletics to large municipal field venues, we bring an exceptional national perspective and experience for both indoor and outdoor facilities. Our sports expertise includes aquatics, arenas, athletic support, baseball, field hockey, field houses, gymnasiums, ice rinks, natural and synthetic turf, soccer, softball, sports complexes, stadiums, tennis, and track and field. We blend high-quality designs with a modern perspective to create venues that foster unique, personal experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At CHA, our Project Engineer provides advanced judgment and analysis techniques for the design development, implementation and technical analysis of various systems to implement new products, or changes to an existing scheme, to suit individual client needs. This key role is responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of a project independently with other engineering disciplines and project management staff. The Project Engineer mentors junior staff members and provides technical review of their work as needed.
The Project Engineer recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures as well as selects proper procedures to self-check his/her own work for completeness and accuracy in technical reports and calculations. The Project Engineer identifies, develops, and gathers technical resources necessary to complete assignments. This individual continuously monitors the progress and performance of the engineering design development against the project work plan
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 4 years of discipline specific engineering experience required
- Sports facility design experience preferred
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the respective engineering discipline with the proven ability to practically apply engineering best practices
- Advanced proficiency with engineering, computational, and modeling software (AutoCAD, etc.)
- Familiar with QA/QC procedures and understands basic business practices and laws related to engineering
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and effectively work in a collaborative environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to suit various audiences
- Proficiency with MS Office software required
- An active role in a professional engineering society/organization preferred.
At CHA, we are helping to build a world where thought leadership, social responsibility, and diversity thrive, and we are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining a highly talented and diverse team of individuals to help us do it. Our aspiration to responsibly improve the world we live in – combined with hiring practices, training opportunities, and engagement with our communities – reflect a company culture that is progressive and forward leaning.
We as an organization celebrate the values of inclusion and equality, and advocate for the full participation of all people in an environment free of discrimination. To support these values, we invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more about this position, please visit the job posting by clicking this link: