Professor - Construction Management/Civil Engineering
Dordt University is seeking applicants to fill a permanent full-time engineering faculty position in its ABET accredited Engineering program. Those applicants committed to a Biblically-guided educational philosophy, who can teach engineering fundamentals courses, and who can provide expertise and leadership in a construction management program and instructional support in civil-construction engineering are encouraged to apply.
- Commitment to a Reformed, Biblical perspective and educational philosophy
- Ph.D., or M.S. with industry experience in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineering, or related discipline
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level is preferred
- Industrial experience and professional licensure are desirable
- Able to articulate a vision for responsible technology both in and outside the classroom
The Dordt University Engineering program is an ABET accredited, multi-disciplinary program with a civil engineering concentration as one of its primary disciplinary paths. The program supports a growing construction management emphasis as well. The engineering department serves approximately 200 of the university’s 1500 students who come to Dordt from across the U.S. and Canada. For over 40 years, the Dordt University engineering program has sought to enable uniquely talented and motivated students to bring the healing and redirection of the Biblical message to the world of modern technology. Joining in that effort to care for the entire creation, by seeking justice, loving mercy, and serving humbly in our engineering work, the specific duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Teaching engineering fundamentals courses as well as upper level (undergraduate) courses in the candidate’s area of specialization or interest.
- Advising students in the major and mentoring senior design projects.
- Developing and coordinating industry collaborations with faculty and students.
- Communicating effectively with the broader Dordt University constituency regarding a Reformed, Biblical vision for the candidate’s area of specialization as well as modern technology in general.
To learn more about the Dordt University mission, vision, and community, find us at…
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to…