The Civil Engineering candidate must possess industry knowledge in the fields of land development, site planning, street design, grading, drainage, hydrology, hydraulics, water & wastewater utilities etc. The ideal candidate should be comfortable splitting their hours between the office, on-site visits, and attending meetings with clients.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate ideas, make recommendations, and negotiate project details with their team, subcontractors, and clients.
- Developing detailed designs.
- Doing feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances.
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with clients and other professional subcontractors.
- Project management (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field, accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Registration/Licensure as a professional engineer is preferable.
- Successful completion of FE and active track to secure PE is required.
- US citizen or permanent resident authorized to work in US
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience is desired.
- Skill in using design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals working on one project.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.