Project Manager - Civil/Land Development
Matrix Design Group, an employee-owned engineering, planning and environmental consulting firm is looking for Project Managers to join our Civil/land development group in our Denver, Colorado Springs and Phoenix offices. If you’re looking for a change and want to work with an exceptional group of professionals, Matrix may be the place for you. Our benefits extend beyond the standard medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We offer two retirement plans, including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan along with the 401k, tuition assistance, professional development, flexible and hybrid schedules and more.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management and execution of a variety of civil engineering design and permitting projects. Utilizing consulting expertise, prepares the scope, budget, and schedule for projects to ensure contract requirements are executed on-time and on-budget. Attend project meetings with internal staff and clients and make presentations concerning specific aspects of engineering projects and oversees the work of technical staff. Works with local, regional or state-level clients to assist them in achieving their goals.
- Development of project work plans and scopes of work.
- Provide project oversight and schedule monitoring.
- Prepare fee proposals and track and manage project budgets and invoicing.
- Prepare roadway, grading, drainage, water and sewer plans using AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Produce project deliverables including technical memoranda, design plans and specifications, and technical reports.
- Administer QA/QC for project deliverables.
- Prepare supporting calculations, construction specifications, and permitting in various jurisdictions.
- Prepare construction cost models and engineer’s opinion of probable cost for projects through various stages of development including due diligence to final construction document submittal for bid.
- Manage and design Urban Redevelopment projects for our municipal and private clients.
- Partner with other Matrix practice leaders to assist on multi-disciplinary project pursuits.
- Participate in proposal presentations and project interviews.
- Maintain effective communications with clients and project teams.
- Technical reporting and presentations.
- Construction observation and coordination with construction contractors.
- Ensure that the staff resources are deployed in a productive and profitable manner.
- Conduct regular meetings to ensure that project needs are balanced with staff availability.
- Self-directed practitioner with strong project management and project delivery skills.
- Ability to supervise staff, bid projects, and develop project execution plans and technical deliverables.
- Outstanding client and personnel skills and the ability to persuasively communicate at all levels.
- Technical expert with outstanding team building, writing, proposal development, cost estimating, and program execution skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team leader in a group environment and maintain. positive relationships with team members and clients.
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD, Civil 3D.
- Ability, and willingness to travel to project sites and other facility offices.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering
- Colorado Professional Engineering (PE) licensure or ability to obtain CO PE within one year
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience with an emphasis in civil design including drainage, utility, roadway / transportation design
- Experience with traffic, drainage and utility reports
- Experience working with both private and municipal clients
- Strong industry relationships and an understanding of municipal, state and federal criteria
- Significant experience and understanding of local, regional, state and federal policies, programs and procedures
- Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Matrix Design Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Any applicant with a qualifying physical or mental disability who believes s/he requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact us at 719-575-0100 for assistance.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual qualifications, experience and work location.