Experienced Civil Engineer 3
Little, nationally recognized as a “Best Firm to Work For” and one of the nation’s most progressive design firms, is seeking a Civil Engineer with a positive, collaborative work style, for our Land Development Studio in our Charlotte, NC or Durham, NC office.
The individual selected for this opportunity will work directly with our internal engineers, landscape architects and architects on a variety of project types including Healthcare, Civic, K-12, Higher Education, Commercial/Retail and Office. He / She will be responsible for performing site visits, preparing due diligence reports, preparing construction drawings, including calculating packages, permitting through local jurisdictions and construction administration.
You’re a candidate we’ll love if:
- You are a talented Engineer with experience designing for a broad range of clients and are a resourceful and creative problem solver.
- You’re good with people – you are an empathetic listener, genuinely interested in people, and are able to build consensus among clients and teammates, alike.
- You’re a great communicator both verbally and graphically – you are great at simplifying complex ideas and relating them in a way that people understand, and you’re able to understand what other people are really saying.
- You have fun and enjoy what you do.
- You enjoy doing research and documenting permit processes for new jurisdictions and can relate to permitting authorities.
- You are passionate about design and have a strong attention to detail.
This is a position you’ll love if:
- You are organized and a good time manager
- You are able to juggle multiple projects at one time
- You enjoy working directly with clients and the project team for projects throughout the mid-Atlantic.
- You desire to join a company that will allow to grow and make the most of your opportunities.
- You desire to have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications:
- Civil Engineer degree and Registered in North Carolina.
- 5-8 years of experience in the production of construction documents; and
- You have excellent AutoCAD, Civil 3D, StormCAD, WaterCAD, and/or other Engineering software skills.
In addition to being one of the top retail design firms, Little is a place where you’ll surround yourself with colleagues who have different areas of expertise, are from different cultures and generations, and embody different talents, experiences and passions. In fact, if you ask our employees what keeps them excited about coming to work each day, you’ll hear that it’s the people. It’s also our culture and the chance to be part of creating a better future through our work. We embrace a culture of teaching and learning through cross-mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, talents, and interests and we strive to give each person exposure to the widest possible array of experiences. We care intensely about our clients and each other, and we do our best to spark a spirit of creativity and excitement in everyone around us. And, if wellness matters to you, you’ll be thrilled to know that you’ll be working in one of Charlotte’s first LEED and WELL Certified workspaces.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your letter of interest and resume for review.
Little is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Little prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Little is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com or a member of our HR Team.