Civil Engineer Intern
The CIVIL ENGINEERING INTERN will work on a variety of projects and tasks including CAD work using Microstation and/or AutoCAD, performing site investigations assisting with roadway designs preparing Exhibits and inputting data/maintaining databases for Capital Improvement projects.
- Assist in the development and design of projects.
- Develop feasible design alternatives and compare significant parameters.
- Identify and analyze the principle design features and major design alternatives.
- Assist in the development of detailed plans, specifications, and cost estimates with project team.
- Produce and revise drawings, sketches, and plans.
- Review and analyze field notes, data, and calculations.
- Research specifications and materials.
- Assist in obtaining legal or other required documents, including landowner permission.
- Coordinate work assignments with project team.
- Achieve the scope, budget, and schedule of the project under the direction of the project manager.
- Promote all resources offered by the firm to existing and potential clients.
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Maintain neat and organized work area.
- Maintain current knowledge of equipment, techniques, procedures, and regulations.
- Participate in professional development and training.
- Assure drawings and designs are in accordance with project standards.
- Communicate changes in work load or project scope with project manager.
- Perform additional duties to add value to projects and exceed client expectations.
Student working towards a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with at least two years of classes completed. Previous Internship experience preferred but not required. 6 month Internship length preferred.