Qualified candidates MUST currently hold a valid US PE license - No Exceptions! Candidate should be an experienced self starter and able to work remotely.
Unqualified candidates will not receive a response.
If you have experience in aspects of structure design, construction, and/or construction management, and enjoy seeing a site first-hand to determine why the structure or building component did not perform as expected or to determine how to repair damage to a structure, then you will find this job interesting. Typical projects will involve weather-, fire-, or water-damaged buildings and building components, soil movement, drainage and foundation issues, and defective construction and/or design.
Key attributes for success are technical competence, the ability to communicate in both written and verbal forms with non-technical people, and the self-motivation to complete individual projects.
Engineering Design & Testing Corp. (EDT) is an association of engineers committed to the study, interpretation and resolution of loss. With 16 offices nationwide, EDT engineers are well regarded as technical and scientific resources when determining the root causes of losses involving people, property, and products of manufacture. Our engineers are also called upon to assess the scope of damage and the value of loss to commercial and industrial facility and equipment. Our clients include insurance-related firms and companies, law firms, government agencies, and private industry. EDT engineers are professionals who enjoy technical challenges and job variety while working with top-notch colleagues. The environment at EDT is one where motivated engineers want to join and stay.
We actively seek individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, and likewise share the benefits of the diverse backgrounds and experiences within our staff.
Civil/Structural Engineer: As a Civil/Structural Engineer, you will conduct and manage investigations involving buildings, structures and structural components, including structural analysis, damage assessment, building code compliance, lab and field testing of construction materials, and review of structural designs. You will interact with clients and other consultants, manage multiple and unique projects, and prepare written reports summarizing your analyses.
- Prepare straightforward reports of sections of more complex reports
- Initiate, develop, and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships
- Provide timelines and project updates on a consistent basis
- Determine the cause and origin of structural collapses, failures, damages, and defects for residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial structures due to a wide range
- Investigate and assess damages due to failures and determine the origin of failure for insurers and litigation support
- Provide honest and unbiased analysis and consultation on various property failures
- Conduct engineering investigations and planning work which have a well-defined scope
- Communicate regularly and directly with a variety of clients
- Serve as an expert witness in court and/or in depositions
- Produce detailed reports outlining the cause and origin of losses and damages
- Establish trusted working relationship with regional clients and interact socially at mixed engagements with clients
- Pursue additional training and mentoring opportunities, in addition to added education and/or certifications
- Documenting causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation
Engineers who are successful at EDT have the following technical qualifications, professional skills, and characteristics:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE/SE)
- Advanced Technical Education degrees (a plus)
- Computer Software Capable (for example: MathCAD, AutoCAD, MS Office)
- Industrial/Manufacturing/Design Experience
- Prioritize effectively
- Think independently
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Think and work analytically
- Cooperate and work well with others
- Exercise sound judgment and use common sense
- Foster strong, lasting relationships
- Embrace and thrive on challenge
- Show flexibility and adaptation to new situations
Engineering Design & Testing offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Training Opportunities
Engineering Design & Testing Corp. provides the opportunity for engineers joining the firm to begin their careers learning alongside experienced and accomplished colleagues. Given the nature of the work, the engineers at the firm enjoy travel on assignment (field work) in the geographic area surrounding their office location. At the engineer’s discretion (very often as an opportunity for adventure), travel to other destinations can arise. EOE
View our site online at http://www.edtengineers.com/
Engineering Design & Testing Corp also has opportunities in other locations for Civil/Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are Licensed P.E.'s.
Apply for Civil/Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly