Senior & Associate Civil Engineer
JOB TITLE: Senior & Associate Civil Engineer
AGENCY: City of Seaside
LOCATION: Seaside, CA
FILING DEADLINE: Open until Filled
SALARY RANGE: $100,048.00 – $136,248.32 Annually; Hiring Bonus: $30,000
About the City of Seaside
The City of Seaside is a California coastal community that borders the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. Formerly the home of the US Army Base Fort Ord, and neighbor to the Cities of Monterey, Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach, the City of Seaside is rich in culture, natural resources and opportunities. Seaside continues to expand with projects ranging from golf courses, five star resorts, conference facilities, new residential and commercial development, and plans for a mixed use, transit oriented, urban village that would transform the downtown. Seaside is thriving and remains a vibrant, diverse community, appreciative of its past and looking toward the future.
The City of Seaside's Engineering Department is recruiting for two crucial positions, Associate Civil Engineer and Senior Civil Engineer. Both positions will report to the Public Works Director/City Engineer. These experienced professionals will lead the City’s engineering projects from planning and design to construction and close-out. The successful candidates will perform a wide variety of
professional engineering work in support of the City's Capital Improvement Program (CIP), land development, traffic engineering, public works, infrastructure, and departmental operations.
- Senior Civil Engineer: The ideal candidate will have full supervisory experience within a professional engineering series. The position requires direct experience planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of professional engineering staff and serves as the point of contact to internal management staff. The candidate will have experience serving as a project manager for complex professional engineering activities including: Environmental program planning, compliance design, construction land development engineering, traffic engineering, water resources engineering, and other related projects. The candidate will have experience ensuring that all applicable laws, regulations, and City Policies related to capital improvement, land development traffic and transportation, and water utility infrastructure are actively followed. To see current projects click here: http://ca-seaside.civicplus.com/513/Engineering Associate Civil Engineer: The ideal candidate will have experience in leading professional engineering projects in capital improvement. They will be comfortable managing projects from start to finish and will serve as a technical resource and/or advisor during all phases of the project. The ideal candidate will be able to perform the full range of professional and technical engineering work with only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise. The candidate needs to be a self-starter with the ability to provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers. To see current projects click here: http://ca-seaside.civicplus.com/513/Engineering
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications is as follows:
- Senior Civil Engineer: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or a related engineering field and four (4) years of responsible experience in civil engineering with emphasis in public works capital improvements with at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Associate Civil Engineer: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or a related engineering field and three (3) years of professional engineering design, plan review, and project administration experience, preferably in a public agency setting, or two (2) years of experience equivalent to Assistant Engineer at the City of Seaside.
Licenses and Certifications (Both classifications):
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment.
- Possess and maintain a valid certificate or registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of California.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at:
To apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seaside.
If you have questions about the recruitment, please contact Project Manager, Joshua Boudreaux, at: email@example.com or at: (510) 901-0044.
The City of Seaside is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively encourages workforce diversity.