Under direction of the Director of Public Works, or designee, the Associate Engineer performs engineering services in the public setting, collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
Examples of assignments include:
- Serves as lead for staff committees
- Responds to inquiries regarding topics such as retaining walls, storm drains, sanitary sewer, sidewalks, right of way encroachments, etc.
- Leads Steps, Lanes and Paths activities
- Addresses traffic operational and safety concerns
Plans, develops, schedules, budgets and implements assigned projects that may include:
· Streets and Sanitary Sewers Rehabilitation Program
· City parks and facility restoration/rebuilding projects
· Corridor and traffic improvements
· Landslide Repairs Program
· Curb, gutter, sidewalk, and curb-ramp rehabilitation