Senior Project Engineer (ESC), Civil Substation
Requisition ID # 125163, #127184
Job Category: Engineering / Science; Project / Program Management
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Engineering
Job Location: West Sacramento, Clovis
The Electric Operations team ensures the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, system protection engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Substation Civil Engineering department is responsible for civil work for all of PG&E’s substations. This includes the design of foundations, structures, grading, equipment seismic qualification, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans and modifications, and seismic retrofit of buildings and equipment structural supports.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
This is a senior-level engineer job that requires mastery of the journey engineer job duties and is responsible for leading engineering and design of complex projects. Applies extensive knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices to resolve complex problems with only general direction. Provides leadership, coaching, technical direction, knowledge transfer and assistance to technical employees and teams. Additional responsibilities beyond the Project engineer include, but are not limited to, the following: Deliver presentations, lead team meetings, interpret industry practices and codes.
May perform functions of Associate and Journey level Engineers and in addition:
- Manage large complex projects and perform engineering analyses, studies, and develop conceptual designs.
- Lead, coach, direct, and assist technical employees and teams on technical issues. May act as an engineering mentor to Journey Project Engineers and Design Engineers.
- Assist in finalizing contract project specification and technical evaluation of contract project bids.
- Review and accept structural drawings and calculations prepared by internal employees or engineering contractors.
- Provide support to other departments in electrical, construction, land, permitting, and legal issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent from outside the US
- Current and active California PE license
- 8 years of experience in engineering and design
- Master’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- SE license
- Demonstrate knowledge and abilities required for the Associate and Journey level Engineer
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple large scale, large budget complex projects without supervision.
- Demonstrate good presentation skills including knowledge transfer presentations.
- Ability to serve as the leader for an engineering team including outside contractors.
- Complete assignments of broad scope and complexity.
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources.
West Sac - https://careers.pge.com/job-invite/125163/