Civil/Environmental Professional Engineer
C2 Environmental is a rapidly growing environmental and engineering consulting firm seeking a motivated, self-directed and entrepreneurial-focused candidate to build upon our environmental and engineering services program. The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of project support and programmatic related tasks for a major regional utility provider in the Mid-Atlantic region. Duties will include establishing and overseeing all aspects of professional engineering services in support of ongoing work, hiring and training staff, developing and maintaining relationships with clients, and project management for a variety of projects related to energy and infrastructure development. This is a leadership role with abundant opportunity to build a program and staff that supports the C2 Environmental client and company.
The position will primarily focus on the expansion of professional engineering services, management and development of ongoing projects and services. However, it is expected that as a senior level employee, this position will also be responsible for client development and marketing. The area of performance is primarily within Virginia and North Carolina with some field work and travel required.
The current position is offered on a full-time basis. C2 Environmental is an S-Corporation and offers a flexible work environment and competitive pay. Benefits include 401(k) retirement with company matching, insurance (medical, dental and vision), company profit-sharing, profit sharing, paid time off and paid holidays.
The qualified applicant will demonstrate some or all of the following:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in engineering (Environmental or Civil preferred), environmental science, physical sciences or related fields required
- Professional Engineer registration within the Virginia and/or North Carolina is required
- 5-10+ years experience in some or all of the following areas: erosion and sediment control planning, stormwater planning, wetland permitting, traffic control planning, NPDES permitting and construction compliance
- Experience with linear development projects desired
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality certified Stormwater Management Plan Reviewer or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire (training reimbursement may be provided)
- Demonstrated project management and staff management skills in the consulting environment
- Experience and proficiency in computer assisted drafting software (CADD) and/or GIS
- Familiarity with Clean Water Act Section 404/401 permits
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in diverse groups of people and without direct supervision
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to remote job site locations on a daily basis
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains
- Applicants must be a citizen or national of the U.S., a Lawful Permanent Resident, or an alien authorized to work
Apply for Civil/Environmental Professional Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly