Join a team that’s passionate about partnership. With careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company.
-Employing 36,500 individuals
-Across 109 manufacturing sites
-In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:
- Plastics: With new technology trends, our plastic additives can be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and high-efficiency lubricants.
- Industrial intermediates: As the product of a reaction that is beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product, industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction, adhesives and lubricants, and more.
- Coatings: Whether it’s a water-based coating or solvent-based coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics, and sustainability.
- Silicone businesses: Our silicone-based materials can withstand more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
We make diversity and inclusion a priority—because sharing our perspectives and building on each other’s ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?
Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer, located in Midland, Michigan.
You are an experienced Civil Engineer and enjoy working on a team. You have a strong technical knowledge base and require minimal supervision. You focus on safety in your designs and when on project sites.
Also, you can complete each of the following tasks:
- Develop civil engineering project scope and prepare documents for bid and construction
- Oversee document preparation with designers
- Perform engineering analysis
- Coordinate designs across multiple engineering disciplines
- Support construction activities with design clarifications or technical support
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering is required.
- A minimum of 3-years industry experience is required.
- Must be willing and able to meet physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations (e.g., climbing ladders or stairs).
- Role may require up to 10% travel. Must be willing and able to meet all applicable requirements related to business travel (e.g., as to immigration and visa rules, public-health mandates, airline rules, etc.) into and out of (and physical presence in) various countries world-wide.
- Essential functions of this position may require, among other things, that the employee use particular types of equipment -- such as on-site safety equipment that has specific weight limitations whereby the individual’s own weight, plus the weight of tools and other items and materials, must not exceed a certain threshold. (For example, some types of safety equipment may be rated for a maximum weight limit of 300 pounds total.) In the event a job offer for this position were (conditionally) extended and provides for a pre-employment medical examination, the individual will be appropriately evaluated in regard to their ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Your preferred qualifications include:
- 6 years industry experience
- Professional Engineer licensure
Your skills, knowledge, and abilities include:
- Being proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel
- Demonstrating competencies in the areas of: leadership, initiative, teamwork, and interpersonal effectiveness
- Ensuring a safe work environment by working safely and, complying with environmental, health and safety standards
- Strong work ethic and being able to remain productive in an empowered team environment
- Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and may be provided based on eligibility.
- Sign in or create your account.
- Make sure your resume is accessible. Easily link your LinkedIn Profile to load your resume when logging into apply.
- What can we accomplish together? Apply to find out!