Roadway Engineering Project Manager
About This Opportunity
The City of Hillsboro is looking for a professional engineer to lead the Roadway Engineering Section of the Transportation Division. The principal function of an employee in this position is to oversee, manage, and direct the Roadway Engineering Section, and it’s resources (approximately $6 million annually-The City of Hillsboro is rare in having a fully funded pavement management program).
As the Roadway Engineering Project Manager, you will lead personnel ( 4 team members) in the planning, design, coordination, implementation, review and inspection of improvements related to the maintenance and design of roadway infrastructure that includes:
- 250 centerlane miles of pavement
- 140 miles of bicycle infrastructure
- Over 330 miles of sidewalks with associated ADA facilities and roadside vegetation.
- Coordinating with consultants, contractors and finance, operation, and peer engineering managers, project managers, coordinators, and maintenance personnel in the development of engineering plan sets and specifications
- The development and maintenance of construction standards and procedures;
- Interacting with the general public to address concerns related to roadway infrastructure, the inventory and assessment of roadway public infrastructure assets. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of an assigned supervisor, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. Supervision is exercised over assigned engineering support personnel.
- Annual Pavement Management Program
- Sidewalk Condition Assessment/Sidewalk Maintenance Program Development
- ADA upgrades
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Capital Improvement Plan Development
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in transportation engineering or closely related work including some supervisory experience.
- Possession of a valid State Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- State Registration as a Professional Engineer in Oregon