Engineer in Training
As an industry leading manufacturer of engineered wood products, the Weyerhaeuser Product Engineering, Codes and Standards team plays a critical role in ensuring code compliance and supporting the specification and application of Weyerhaeuser engineered wood products. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of a diverse team of engineers primarily dividing their time on product engineering issues that include resolving technical field questions, preparing code evaluation submittal documents, supporting industry activities and developing product specification literature and structural design software. Other engineering responsibilities will include supporting laboratory experiments and product manufacturing activities.
The successful candidate is one who displays a can-do attitude in a dynamic work environment, is a creative self-starter that enjoys learning and problem solving, prides themselves on accuracy of work, and strives to create an injury-free high productivity environment. A team player with strong inter-personal skills is essential. This position is located in Federal Way, WA and may require some limited travel as dictated by assignments.
- Actively participate in a safety-driven workplace culture
- Work independently or under the supervision of engineers:
- Developing product literature and software design specifications,
- Resolving technical field problems
- Preparing code evaluation submittal documentation
- Supporting test laboratory and manufacturing activities
- Engineer-in-training certification
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering from an accredited institution required
- Critical thinker with a desire to become an integral part of our team
- Highly motivated and organized individual who excels in a dynamic team environment
- Goal-oriented attention to detail and deadlines
- Willingness to safely participate in a results-based culture
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Functional knowledge of AutoCAD or related drafting software preferred
- Functional knowledge of Visual Basic macro development in Excel preferred
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.