Process Design Engineer Water Industry
Job title: Process Design EngineerJob Type: PermanentLocation: Stoke-on-Trent, West MidlandsSalary: circa £60K DOEIndustry: Water Treatment SolutionsPremier Engineering has engaged with a key client and water treatment solutions leader based in the West Midlands. Due to team expansion 2 new opportunities have arisen for a Process Design Engineer, one for clean water and one for waste-water treatment. Both roles are full engineering life-cycle from concept through to delivery of project.With an extensive range of services offered the suitable candidate will be eager to work in a fast-paced environment and willing to learn from our senior engineers whom have expert knowledge across a broad spectrum of water treatment.Job Description
- Provide service engineering support to the Treatment department
- Undertake plant process design & calculations.
- Undertake plant process evaluations and reports.
- Undertaking electrical and mechanical design works
- Support tendering team on both capital schemes and aftercare quotations as workload dictates
- Undertake site visits on behalf of the Treatment team to undertake site surveys, site meetings withcustomers and any other site related activities
- Ensuring that all aspects of site projects are installed and commissioned as per the contractdocument and specifications on time and to a set budget.
- Capable of working with electrical circuit diagrams and specifications.
- Produce detailed service reports in a timely manner
- Carry out other tasks as may be defined by the company that may be required in order to developthe business.
- Must work within established Company policies and procedures including QA, CDM regulationsand Health and Safety.
- Process investigations and troubleshooting across all disciplines
- Qualified to Degree level in Wastewater & Water process Engineering or Chemical Engineering orEnvironmental Engineering/Science discipline or equivalent.
- Knowledge of water treatment processes and equipment and a minimum of 2 to 3 years'experience of process plant
- Wastewater system design and/or clean water system design, designing and selling aerationsystems, pumping and mixing equipment, miscellaneous equipment sourcing/sizing e.g. air mains,blower selection, sludge handling equipment, reverse osmosis, demineralisation, softeners, etc
- Organised team worker, speed and attention to detail and a good ‘completer finisher'
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and assess priorities, very good communication skills; commitmentto meeting deadlines giving high levels of customer service.
- Willing to work above and beyond to ensure a task is completed on time.