Engineer Principal Materials Lab
This position, located in District 4 Materials Lab, will provide overall direction in managing the District's Materials section.
- Exercise supervisory authority so that applicable labor agreements and plans are equitably administered and employees under my jurisdiction will effectively perform assigned job duties to achieve the annual objectives of the section. Provide overall leadership, review and approval of pavement and materials designs and recommendations during project development, final design and construction so that the completed projects conform to MnDOT standards and polices and provide the optimal system performance and life for the best value. Provide overall leadership to the District Materials Laboratory so that materials’ testing is in conformance with applicable standards, methods and specifications and within established time frames. Provide regular District pavement system reviews and utilize the Pavement Management System in developing, planning, and coordinating a district pavement maintenance and construction program so that the district’s pavements and programs meet Department standards. Provide plan quality control, from a materials aspect, throughout the plan development process so that the completed plan for letting meets the approved pavement and materials recommendations. Provide technical assistance in Request for Proposals (RFP) preparation for consultant contracts, monitoring consultant performance and progress, making recommendations to the District Project Manager for acceptance of products and services, certifying contract payment to ensure consultant contract deliverables are met.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) offers employees a good work and personal life balance. A flexible telework schedule may be considered pending approvals.
APPLY ONLINE BY 5/31/2022:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “55473” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – ASCE.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
Apply for Engineer Principal Materials Lab
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly