We are currently accepting application materials for the Assistant City Engineer position in our Public Works Department.
Click Here for the full Job Announcement.
This position assists the Assistant Public Works Director - City Engineer with professional engineering functions. Click here for full Job Description.
- Interprets and applies City ordinances, regulations, and policies pertaining to subdivisions, zoning, drainage systems, and other applicable areas.
- Performs technical plan review; reviews plans, plats, and blueprints for completeness, accuracy, and applicability; identifies errors and inadequacies in plans; approval of plans and plats.
- Conducts engineering inspections of City subdivisions and generates punch lists for developers prior to City acceptance.
- Performs technical design; plans, surveys, designs, and constructs roadways, drainage systems, grading and erosion control plans.
- Provides engineering management and guidance for construction work; performs engineering land surveys; resolves problems involving easement plats and narratives.
- Provides information and technical assistance to developers, contractors, engineers, architects and the general public.
- Computes performance bonds and payments in lieu of improvements.
- Assists with preparation of engineering section of department operating budget; makes recommendations concerning capital improvement projects.
- Provides technical support to the City Engineer in the collection and analysis of civil engineering data; prepares studies and reports; prepares legal documents; writes legal deeds.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Tennessee for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Working knowledge of Autocad/Microstation preferred. Proficiency in using computer equipment and computer experience with Microsoft Office suite products.
- Engineering In Training (EIT) required.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a completed Job Application, Resume, and Cover Letter highlighting your career experience as it relates to this position.
- Complete the City of Hendersonville
- Submit a Resume.
- Submit a Cover Letter highlighting your relevant work experience.
- Return your completed Job Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to the Human Resources office at Hendersonville City Hall via the methods below. We do not accept faxed applications.