Senior Civil Engineer
3 days left
- Organization Type
Are you a Senior Civil Engineer with talent for Strategic Development Work?If you are a Senior Civil Engineer and are looking for a role in Highway and Drainage Project Management, then keep reading!We have worked with the company for many years, and we are sourcing a Senior Highway Engineer for their Cardiff office, could this be you?CompanyThe team is currently 25 strong, with 11 working on the Civil Engineering side. The company is based in many locations however this role is for their Cardiff office. They are a British Owned engineering design, energy and sustainability consultancy who are committed to creating an environment where people can thrive and sustain a common goal. They are also part of the Times top 100 businesses to work for list.Current ProjectsThe company work on low rise residential buildings however they have a much larger focus on Commercial work, such as working on schools, and local projects.One major project is helping re-develop Brains Brewery site, a major project looking to help change the past into a contemporary future.Jobs and Responsibilities You would only be required to be in the Office in Cardiff on Tuesdays, the rest of the week is completely up to you, which is great if you are a fan of working from home! You will be responsible for:
- Working within a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, and operating across a matrix of projects
- Undertaking scheme development, preliminary and detailed designs and project coordination.
- You will also be tasked with work winning, budgetary control of project finances and preparing fee proposals
- Working in a design office environment but also playing an active role in design and site meetings, site inspections and progress reporting.
- Good communication and liaison with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities.
- BEng, MEng, HND or HNC qualified with experience in the workplace
- An understanding of national SuDS standards in Wales and SAB approval, in addition to Section 104, 278 and 38 adoption procedures.
- Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD and MicroDrainage
- Knowledge of UK planning procedures and experience of providing technical support to secure planning approval
- Experience of securing technical approvals from highway and drainage authorities/SuDS Approval Bodies.
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
- Starting Salary of around £35,000 and up to £45,000 dependant on experience
- Currently working on a portfolio worth around £100 million
- 25 days annual leave
- Wide range of flexible benefits
- Part of 100 Best Companies to Work For list for 7 years running
- Plenty of career progression opportunities available
- Hybrid working flexibility
- Experienced team